


It's almost time to go home now. Everyday we have to think of what to cook for dinner. Yesterday we had a grilled fish, stir fried okra and a leftover ribs. It was considered a good meal for us.
We miss our bak chang! We think our bak chang is the best bak chang ever in Dallas area. There's not many choices here as we tried all made by Taiwanese or Chinese people from China. They all taste differently and the rice is a way too much than filling. The price is not cheap too. Wonder if I start taking orders from friends and neighborhood, would you guys buy from me? Well, the taste of our bak chang is the combination of my family and my hubby's family: Teow chew, Hakka and Cantonese....hehe.. it taste so close to home.
Jas said he's going to make wonton soon. I'm looking forward to it because it's been a long time we never had homemade wonton. Should remember to take some pictures later to share. I welcome all kind of recipes. If you have any special recipe or just simple recipe, don't forget to send to me if you don't mind.
2 comments:
If you guys make bak chang, don't forget to invite me. I can offer some helps also. I can also learn how to make bak chang. At least, I can go home to show off to my mom since she does not know how to make one. My friend Grace made some good vegi bak chang. I really like it but she refused to teach me. Maybe I can make some vegi version to treat myself.
I've never tried a vege bak chang before. What kind of filling they have and what color is the bak chang? If you do make one, make sure you invite your neighbors - us.. ^^ Actually I miss Nyonya chung because it has variety of filling in it and the color is a mixture of blue and brownish. It's pretty tasty and big. I remember it cost about RM2.00 or more than that few years ago.
Post a Comment