Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Mustard Vege

Last time when my mom was here, she bought some kind of vege from a grocery store in Tampa and cooked at my sister's house. Surprisingly, it was so tasty and we never expected it to turn out to be that good. That's because it was not a regular vege from Chinese supermarkets like Bok Choy, Choy Sum and etc. The appearance is not that attractive that you would not buy it and try to cook it. But my mom is a very adventurous person. She is very creative and willing to try new things. I think I have some of her quality genes...haha..

Since my mom left, my hubby and I have been trying to recall back the name of that vege and also how it looked like. Unfortunately our weak memory did not help much because we only remember how it looked like on the plate... when it's cooked! Well, never give up and that's the attitude we should have when we like the food we had before in a special restaurant, a place or in a different country, or in a special occasion where it only happens once in a life time. You know what I mean. Just like the first time I had a french onion soup in New Orleans and was trying to find the same taste in anywhere else but still no luck.

Last week, my hubby and I went to Fiesta to do some grocery after work. I believe that day was my lucky day, I found the vege that we had been searching for a long time. Finally I got the name if it, it's called mustard vege leaves. The vege was sitting in our fridge for quite a few days because I couldn't remember how my mom cooked it. Well, I decided to give it a try anyways. So my hubby helped me to cut it and then I washed carefully because my hubby found a worm on his chopping board after he cut the vege. He was delighted because if the vege has worms that means it is organic!

First I heated up the pan and added some dried shrimp as I know everything cook with dried shrimp will taste good and it is guaranteed. Oh yeah, I also added some garlic. Then I threw in all the mustard vege and cooked for about 6-10 mins with oyster sauce. Voila! Done!

And Yes! It tasted so good and just like how my mom cooked it! I am going to tell my mom when I called her.. oh yes, my sister too!Dare to try?

2 comments:

Jasper said...

Nice veggie!

Jasper said...

But try on your own risk! There are many people who don't like those green leaves veggie, and this veggie has a real "kick"...